Open Distro development has moved to OpenSearch. The Open Distro plugins will continue to work with legacy versions of Elasticsearch OSS, but we recommend upgrading to OpenSearch to take advantage of the latest features and improvements.
The Open Distro Kibana reports feature lets you create PNG, PDF, and CSV reports. To use reports, you must have the correct permissions. For summaries of the predefined roles and the permissions they grant, see the security plugin.
Create reports from Discovery, Visualize, or Dashboard
On-demand reports let you quickly generate a report from the current view.
- From the top bar, choose Reporting.
For dashboards or visualizations, Download PDF or Download PNG. From the Discover page, choose Download CSV.
Reports generate asynchronously in the background and might take a few minutes, depending on the size of the report. A notification appears when your report is ready to download.
- To create a schedule-based report, choose Create report definition. Then proceed to Create reports using a definition. This option pre-fills many of the fields for you based on the visualization, dashboard, or data you were viewing.
Create reports using a definition
Definitions let you schedule reports for periodic creation.
- From the left navigation panel, choose Reporting.
- Choose Create.
- Under Report settings, enter a name and optional description for your report.
- Choose the Report Source (i.e. the page from which the report is generated). You can generate reports from the Dashboard, Visualize or Discover pages.
- Choose your dashboard, visualization, or saved search. Then choose a time range for the report.
- Choose an appropriate file format for the report.
- (Optional) Add a header or footer for the report. Headers and footers are only available for dashboard or visualization reports.
Under Report trigger, choose either On-demand or Schedule.
For scheduled reports, choose either Recurring or Cron based. You can receive reports daily or at some other time interval. Cron expressions give you even more flexiblity. See Cron expression reference for more information.
- Choose Create.
Chromium fails to launch with Kibana
While creating a report for dashboards or visualizations, you might see a
This problem occurs due to two reasons: