Open Distro for Elasticsearch development has moved to OpenSearch. The ODFE plugins will continue to work with legacy versions of Elasticsearch OSS, but we recommend upgrading to OpenSearch to take advantage of the latest features and improvements.
The plugin includes demo certificates so that you can get up and running quickly, but before using Open Distro for Elasticsearch in a production environment, you must configure it manually:
- Replace the demo certificates
- Reconfigure elasticsearch.yml to use your certificates
- Reconfigure config.yml to use your authentication backend (if you don’t plan to use the internal user database)
- Modify the configuration YAML files
- Apply changes using securityadmin.sh
- Start Elasticsearch.
- Add users, roles, role mappings, and tenants
If you don’t want to use the plugin, see Disable security.